Add in the increased visibility and that sounds like a pretty good deal for them.
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: MikeJones</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: aphrodite4evermore</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Whats wrong with the building they already have? </div></div>
Probly dont own it and have to pay rent. </div></div>
Exactly. They bought half the lot off of Sonic so they wouldn't have to pay the "full" price for a lot and neither did Sonic because neither of them take up that much space..
[IMG]http://www.gifsoup.com/view/926256/tennessee-vols-al-wilson-o.gif[/IMG]
Add in the increased visibility and that sounds like a pretty good deal for them.
You'll shoot your eye out.
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v635/elp6n/santa.jpg[/img]
You never want to rent, always buy, it is better to own the real estate than to waste your hard earned money by renting. Of course, that is my retirement so I shouldn't discourage too many not to rent [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif[/img]
[IMG]http://www.gifsoup.com/view/926256/tennessee-vols-al-wilson-o.gif[/IMG]
Hopefully they're building a big bomb so that it can explode and send Applebees back to where it came from. Seriously, the one at WalMart is terrible.
If it has improved, someone let me know - but until then, surely you can agree that if you want to eat at a real "Applebees," you'll be driving far away from here.
Officially retired
All Applebee's are horrible.
[IMG]http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l53/blpjr77/culpeper1.jpg[/IMG]
They got some nice waitresses.
I can't wait for Sonic to open up, I just wish we we'd get a pals.
[img]http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i42/stinmeister/untitled-2.jpg[/img]
Every waitress I've seen up there was nothing special...more of the "10 at 2 and 2 at 10" ilk..
...And if you ain't down with that, I got 2 words for ya....
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DaneCook</div><div class="ubbcode-body">They got some nice waitresses.
I can't wait for Sonic to open up, I just wish we we'd get a pals. </div></div>
Kathy Swanson is/was supposed to be opening up a "pals" without the pals name but she was having a hard time dealing with sewage/water issues. Neither town wanted to take any responsibility in running those lines for her. The disagreement has taken a long time to sort out. She would probably be open for business by now. At this point though, I dont even know if it will happen.
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mega</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DaneCook</div><div class="ubbcode-body">They got some nice waitresses.
I can't wait for Sonic to open up, I just wish we we'd get a pals. </div></div>
Kathy Swanson is/was supposed to be opening up a "pals" without the pals name but she was having a hard time dealing with sewage/water issues. Neither town wanted to take any responsibility in running those lines for her. The disagreement has taken a long time to sort out. She would probably be open for business by now. At this point though, I dont even know if it will happen. </div></div>
Then it wouldn't be a Pal's just another burger place. If she tried to copy the building then it would be an actuall Pal's soon as they got done in court for copywright/trademark infringement.
[COLOR="Lime"][SIZE="6"][FONT="Century Gothic"]CREAG AN TUIRC[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]
[img]http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a183/mm38nut/thkfc.gif[/img]
yeah no [censored] but why would you want to copy the building, thats not the point. The point is to provide pals like quality at a pals like pace without a dine-in.
Bookmarks